Debt Collector Abuse / FDCPA
Abused by Debt Collectors?
Our Zero-Cost Attorneys Can Make Debt Collectors Pay
The future can seem hopeless when debt collectors harass you, when they abuse you, or when they make your life miserable. Thankfully, the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) protects you from abusive debt collection tactics. When a debt collector violates the law, you are entitled to statutory damages, along with court costs and attorney fees.
The FDCPA outlines a variety of shady debt collection tactics that are off-limits. These include:
- Calling you before 8:00 a.m. or after 9:00 p.m.
- Calling you to the point of harassment, typically three or more times within a seven-day period
- Using profanity or abusive language
- Calling you at work after you’ve told the debt collector that you’re not allowed to receive calls on the job
- Telling a third party – like your boss, neighbor, or family member – that you owe a debt
- Threatening to sue you if they don’t intend to do so
- Threatening to take your home or property if it wasn’t used as collateral for the debt in question
- Continuing to contact you after you’ve sent them a cease and desist letter
- And many more…
The experienced FDCPA debt collection attorneys at Krieger Law Group are prepared to flip the table on debt collectors, and make them pay you for illegal debt collection tactics. Best of all, because the FDCPA requires debt collectors that violate the law to pay our fees, we won’t charge you a penny.
What Can We Do for You?
If you have been the victim of a deceptive, abusive, or harassing debt collector, we may be able to:
- Put an end to debt collection harassment
- Make the debt collector pay you up to $1,000
- Reduce or eliminate your outstanding debt
- Scrub inaccurate information from your credit report
- Help you reclaim your life and gain peace of mind
If you’ve been the victim of abusive or harassing debt collectors, the time to act is now. Our experienced consumer attorneys are here to assist you through every aspect of the process, and are determined to achieve the positive outcome you deserve.
The FDCPA attorneys at Krieger Law Group have successfully handled cases throughout Nevada just like yours. Remember, we won’t charge you a penny to represent you in your FDCPA case. Under the law, the lawbreaking debt collector is responsible for paying your court costs and attorney fees.